Friday, February 27, 2009

Newer Developments

Dear Fellow Members

1. It is said that the success is sweeter when it comes after a day of hard work and when it is earned in exchange of sweat. There might be a debate on whether it could be called a success but certainly, we worked hard today morning 9.00 A.M. to 11.15 p.m. to prevent the unforseen and unexpected. It started in NOIDA and via Greater NOIDA wound up in Ghaziabad. Some of my colleagues would wind up 15 mins later. I appreciate the efforts put in by Mr. Rajbir Singh, Mr. Kailash Rustagi and Mr. Harbans Chhabra. We have done our hard work and am confident that our hard it shall get appreciated.

2. I estimate that nearly 80% of the memebers have not received any intimation of the elections. Responding to my call to the members as contained in my e-mail two more members have come forward and have unequivocally confirmed non receipt of any intimation of elections. I sincerely appreciate that. A number of members called up the Election Officer Mr. Amit Kumar, Election Officer to lodge their protest. I also appreciate that.

3. The placing of UPC list by the Secretary as a proof of sending of the intimation to members is a poor response to the members' expectations from an efficient office of the Society. As a matter of fact it places the role of the secretary in cloud. The partisan role gets accentuated by the continued rearrangement of the seniority list of the members to block well meaning members from participating in the affairs of the society and to give it a new meaning and direction. I do understand the fears the outgoing members may have but would like to allay those fears in any constructive discussion that we may have.

4. Responding to the Rajbir Singh's request, I managed to get names of the nominated candidates who are 'aspirants' for the position of member of the MC. They are:
a) Mr. Amarjit Singh Telephone No. 98-101-03171
b) Mr. Ajay Jasinghani Telephone No. 98-112-12389
c) Mr. Shyam Joneja Telephone No. 99-996-30388
d) Mr. Ashok Sharma
e) Mrs. Renu Kumar
Mr. Vipin Kumar was unable to give me the Telephone Nos. of the candidates listed at d) and e) above. I have been in touch with Mr. Amarjit Singh over the last two days and despite my differences over the process of his nomination found him to be receptive to the concerns of the well meaning members. I sincerely appreciate that and would certainly recommend that any form of composition of MC could benefit from his competence. His proximity to Sector 30 would be an added advantage.

I shall certainly like to know from the concerned aspirants as to how they would like to address the long standing concerns and aspirations of the members and so would
other members who are following the developments.

5. The Society is yet to respond to my request of forwarding a Final list of members eligible for voting in the election scheduled for 28th February, 2009 and once again call upon the Secretary Mr. Vipin Kumar to respond to our request. May be some member can help me in convincing Mr. Vipin Kumar.

Shall keep you updated

Regards

Sandeep Khurana